How To Get Rid Of Eye Wrinkles
Have you heard about face yoga ? To some it might look as a funny thing to do but there are people that believe it works. Well, these face exercises are very easy to do. Perhaps what happens is that a relaxed muscle is less likely to encourage more winkles. Prevention is the key here, so take a look for yourself at some face yoga techniques at this video.
How To Minimize Wrinkles Around The Eyes With Face Yoga
Yoga works wonders for the muscles of your body, so why not your facial muscles, too? That’s the theory behind Face Yoga. Yoga teacher Annelise Hagen, author of The Yoga Face, demonstrates techniques to minimize wrinkles and sagging muscles around the eyes.
Face yoga is designed to help reduce and even prevent wrinkles on your face. These exercises are designed to loosen wrinkles around your eyes.
How does face yoga work?
* Exercising the muscles in your face will help tone them (just like exercising the muscles in your body) and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It plumps the muscles under the skin, and lifts the skin along with it.
* Performing these exercises with face yoga can help you control the way your face shapes itself.
Will facial exercises/repetitive motion actually increase wrinkles?
* No, the facial muscles are involuntary muscles, so doing a program of trained repetitions can actually reduce the wrinkles.
* Facial expressions that you constantly make due to stress and other factors are more likely to cause wrinkles.
* To help combat crow’s feet, isolate your lower eyelids and wink with only your lower eyelid.
* To create resistance and really build the muscle, place your index finger in the area of the crow’s feet while winking the lower eyelid.
* Do about 20 repetitions on each eye.
* To tone the upper eyelid area, close your eyes and hold down your upper eyelid (not with your fingers—just try to ‘glue down’ your eyelid firmly) to the lower eyelid for 5-10 seconds.
* Do several repetitions to build the muscle.
Keeping a face yoga routine
* Since you will be training new muscles on your face it is best to start with your problem area and focus on that.
* Perform these face yoga exercises a minimum of two times per week in the mornings.